1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1- my IC/Pelvic pain story

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kitkatie124, Dec 29, 2015.

1. kitkatie124

kitkatie124 New Member

I am having trouble fully accepting TMS due to bad pelvic and urinary pain but I am giving it a full try this time. I have been doing research about it for months. I was diagnosed with IC and chronic pelvic pain (possible endo as well). This pain started at a very stressful time in my life. My urine cultures are always negative, yet there is always pain in my bladder/pelvic area and when I urinate. (no tests ever show any infection or structural damage!) My menstrual cycle has become very painful, but was never painful in the past. I get zaps of nerve pain in private places(TMI) along with my stomach and pelvic area. I have had an EMG because I was also diagnosed with "bfs" (twitching). I get joint, back, and muscle pain all over. I was originally diagnosed with lyme disease but I stopped the harsh antibiotic treatments because I felt I had to dig deeper, and that just ruined my digestion even more. (I'm always bloated and I now follow a very restrictive diet). Thanks for listening:)

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I saw a wise Doctor (just the once!) and he said 'if every system where there is pain is checked and there is nothing wrong in the diagnostic tests - then it is your autonomic nervous system that is out of kilter'. He suggested yoga as he said that it has been effective for around 10,000 years!
    Well I failed in the yoga but was like a hawk looking out for anything about my autonomic system. Eventually that led to Dr Sarno's books - and TMS - and healing! Your autonomic system creates pain to distract you from all the repressed stress you have. Think of all the time you pay attention to your pains and other symptoms... how much time in Dr's surgeries and reading leaflets and having further tests done. How much worry and stress... Spend the time wisely and get well - you are already on the right road!

kitkatie124 likes this.