1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - Lower Body Pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by amozzy666, Feb 12, 2020.

1. amozzy666

amozzy666 New Member

I am a skeptical person but I discovered TMS only 2 days ago and I am almost a full believer. I have already read Mind Body Prescription by Dr. Sarno and am excited to continue to educate myself on TMS and the stories of others who have suffered. 7 months ago I was diagnosed with bilateral posterior tibial tendonitis. Since then I have received an endless amount of bad advice from doctors and my symptoms have bounced around all over both my feet. The strange part about all this is both my feet have been in the same level of discomfort in the identical spots at all times. I am only 24 years old and have not been able to walk normally, go out for dinner, hang out with friends, focus on my work or date since the onset of this injury. Currently my pain is a 3.5/10 which is relatively great, but it is a fullness, tingling and tenderness from my ankles along the medial side of my shin to just below my calf muscles. Only 2 weeks ago I had walked on my toes for 5 weeks because my heels could not touch the ground due to sensitivity. I have survived the Manhattan winter with just a pair of crocs and yet somehow frostbite is the only thing I have not suffered from! Ultimately I can not fully buy-in until I see some results but I am all in on dedicating myself to learning about TMS and taking this course.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy! Although it's hard, I would recommend trying really hard not to worry too much about "results." The brain is frustrating in that it often will not stop or diminish the symptoms until you stop fearing/worrying about them. Ideally, as you read more about TMS through the program, you will be able to decide regardless of your physical status whether you fully believe in it. Either way, the process takes time, so don't worry if nothing (physically or mentally) changes right away. Good luck!

3. amozzy666

amozzy666 New Member

I appreciate the advice, thank you very much.