1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1 just starting

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Morrie, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Morrie

Morrie New Member

I'm looking forward to seeing pain relief and some ability to "feel" these emotions!
    I've been in chronic back pain since 1988 when I had a bad fall. I've seen all the usual suspects of MDs, physios, chiros, acupuncture, injections, massage, Rolfing, and many others but all to no true avail. I've actually been doing relatively well lately, however, three weeks ago my hip, leg and lower back went into constant excruciating pain and won't let up (worse than anything before). I guess it's a wake up call rom my subconscious. I had concluded awhile ago that the pain is somehow emanating from my mind but haven't been able to address it. Someone suggested Dr Sarnos book a week ago and I read both the healing mind and the mind body experience. It all makes sense if I can get it to work for me. I do have those goodist qualities. I generally suffer in silence and being on this forum may be good for me. I am realizing that I don't really know how to actively experience and feel negative emotions and maybe that is key (I can do it for positive emotions).
    Thank you to those on the forum and those that created it and I look forward to growing from it.

Judith likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Morrie. You've come to the right place for healing your pain. Dr. Sarno deserves the Nobel prize for his TMS books.
    I had severe back pain and it led me to learn about Sarno and his books. I found journaling to be very helpful in
    discovering repressed emotions from my boyhood. They created a lot of anger that I kept inside me. Journaling helped
    me to forgive those who caused me anxiety years ago and that led to healing.

You don't have to wallow in feeling the negative emotions. Just journal about them and it will convince your subconscious
    that you know about and feel them. Then the subcon stops the pain. I look upon my subcon as a friend doing me a big favor
    giving me the pain because it led me to discover TMS and understanding myself and others better.

Good luck. The SEP program will help you as it has helped me and so many others.