1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 I really want to be strong enough

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ashoo79, Feb 19, 2016.

1. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Hi all today is my first day on this program. I am a very emotional person but I am trying to take care of my emotions. I know all in my mind and in my heart that this is TMS ( I was told I have herniation and it needs surgery I am suffering sciatica and it was so severe a month ago till now but I am much better but still cant move around). I walked today for 3 mins and its just giving me this severe TMS symptoms today I had to come home and take the medicines( i have two month old baby). I am also thinking of giving up on physical therapy.
    No doubt in my mind about TMS I just need to be more strong.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi ashoo79,

In what way are you taking care of your emotions? If you are working with your fear and anxiety, this is very helpful. If you can witness the fear, and not believe it, this is best. It gets easier with practice. Same goes with the pain. Witness it, and don't be too worried.

You probably don't need to push yourself or be "so strong." Going gently with yourself, giving yourself patience and love may be the best approach. I know you want to get better soon, but think of how pushing yourself feels to the Inner Child.

I suggest you simply do the program, and notice changes as they occur. You are very likely to get better just by doing the program, especially if you improve your relationship to the fears.

And, thanks for your post!

Andy B

Stella likes this.
  3. Stella

Stella Well known member

Have you read one of SARNO's books? My favorite ïs the Mind Body Prescription. He talks about the pain getting worse when starting to accept TMS. It is very good new when this happens. The Mind is trying to focus you on the physical and away from the psychological. It can be discouraging but it is very good news.

Talk to the pain "I don't care how bad you hurt I am going to do this" Tell yourself over and over "I can do this. ..yes I can". Journal this too.

4. danny1943

danny1943 New Member

Sometimes the pain is so severe and debilitating that it's very difficult to tell yourself-"I don't care how bad you hurt" -the only thing that matters is wanting to say it and making effort.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It may sound like Mary Poppins, but I always find that laughing helps drive away pain and anxiety. I'd rather laugh than yell at my Inner Bully or cry.

When pain is at its worst, try distractions. Do something around the house or go outdoors and do a little work in the yard or take even a short walk. Breathe deeply and thank the Lord for the beauty you see around you. Or find funny videos to watch on Youtube.

Pain will go away the more you believe totally in TMS emotions causing it. Be patient and positive.

6. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Thanks buddies. This is giving me more hope that I will get better. This is amazing feeling that i believe it it is TMS but yet to believe the MIRACLE!

7. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

It IS a miracle when you get relief!
    Our brain is fried our best resource. Work through the SEP, and it's incredible how aware you'll become.
    Blessings on your journey.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  8. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

praying hard for everyone to go pain free