1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 huge pain increase..Anyone else ?.Painkillers or ignore? PLEASE

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by sharon, Feb 23, 2015.

1. sharon

sharon New Member

HI

I have severe back pain. I have been reading a lot about TMS particularly in the last few days
    Just signed up for the course last night. Today my pain is much increased. I am trying not to take pain killers but am also worried that if I don't reduce the pain my back muscles will just keep tightening. I need to be able to work tomorrow.
    Can someone offer advice please? Do I try to put up with an hope it will decrease or give in and take painkillers to take the edge off.
    Trying lots of self talk but it has got worse since this morning

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Take the painkillers.

3. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

ditto.......Sharon, if you have such bad pain you need to take the edge off then do what you have to do as you work your way through the program.

4. sharon

sharon New Member

Thankyou for your help, that's what I will do

5. Ozzy

Ozzy Peer Supporter

Hi, I remember reading that TMS pain sometimes gets stronger just before it vanishes. Something like a 'die-off' effect where the brain is rumbled and therefore increases the symptoms to appear more convincing. If you stick with the education the pain will subside. Agree with the above about taking painkillers as a way to be kind to yourself.

6. Mala

Mala Well known member

Take the pain killers & don't feel guilty about taking them. If u have been on them for a while then wean off gently .