1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JBG1963, Sep 22, 2017.

1. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

I've read the books and truly believe TMS is my issue. My fibromyalgia pain frequently morphs into other types of pain. Currently, it's pretty powerful sciatica-new for me. I really believe in this process, but the journey seems long and grueling for me. Others seem to heal faster. I'm hoping this site will help me see other's victories and allow me to give and gain support. Good luck to all of us recent day ones. :)

moon123 likes this.
  2. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

Nice to meet you! I finished the program a few weeks ago. I am definitely doing better but still have some work to do. Stick with it and the benefits will be yours.

3. srton

srton Well known member

I'm in the same boat as @TheWayBackUp - finished the program and feeling much better (also from painful sciatica). @JBG1963 yes the process is emotionally grueling but it is so worth it. I was in so much pain 3 months ago and now I'm 99% better! It's so wonderful and I'm so grateful.
    I've also come to believe that inorder to keep the pain at bay I need to keep working the program. I have had negative thoughts like "will I be thinking about my darn feelings for my whole life -- this is sad and depressing and I just want to feel better so I can get on with things" and I realize that this is the enitre goal -- to change your life. To accept feelings and emotions. To live without fear. To practice self-compassion.
    It is worth all the work!!
    Good luck and keep at it!

moon123 likes this.
  4. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

Thanks so much for the encouragement! It's nice to hear from someone who's navigated some of the many obstacles in this journey and had success. :)

5. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

Thanks, @srton Your comments are very helpful. Thanks for reminding me it's an ongoing process. I've read stories about people being instantly cured once they got the knowledge but I suspect for most it's really a life long process like you suggest. Your words help. I have so much to learn!!