1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day-1: hope

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by wonder2021, Mar 27, 2021.

1. wonder2021

wonder2021 Newcomer

Since December 2020 I’ve had issues on my right shoulder and arm.
    The MRI showed a classic case of a disc pressing on a nerve root on the right side of my neck and bone spurs.
    When it began, for the first month I had severe pain and numbing and tingling would start if I turned to the right.
    Now I am doing much better in terms of range of motion and no longer have tingling and pain when turning right.
    I still have lingering symptoms in terms of occasional pain in right arm shoulder, more frequent extra sensitivity to something like a short sleeve on biceps and have had bouts of weakness of right arm and hand, right thumb being very sensitive too
    My right arm feels weaker in strength than the left.
    Surgery was suggested by one surgeon, tried some good and bad chiropractors, am consuming a host of supplements and doing the rounds with an acupuncturist.
    I started getting similar milder symptoms on the left side too about 2 months ago.
    Also when this all started , we had just a baby 4 months ago, I was scheduled to make a huge change in career then. I also may have some repressed anger towards my wife.
    I have been a very hard working, well appreciated employee all my life with a fairly successful career of 18 years in a very well known company. I recently read Dr. Sarno’s book and I think(hope) this is TMS.
    I do believe that if I accept the diagnosis that my condition is caused by emotional issues like anxiety, anger, stress then I will be cured.
    My fear as of this moment is that the diagnosis of the MRI results given by the doctors and so many sources on the internet talking about pinched nerves may outweigh the acceptance of TMS diagnosis or make it difficult for me to accept it

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to Day 1, @wonder2021. Give yourself credit for being here, do the work, and don't stop wondering!

wonder2021 likes this.