1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1 here I go again :)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Leelee19, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Leelee19

Leelee19 New Member

Write a short post about the level of acceptance you have of the TMS diagnosis, and of any doubts or worries you may have at this point.

The answer to the above point is :-

It’s my day one of SEP, I have been though
    This program before. I have back pain right
    hip pain that was so bad I did nothing for one year, just went for tests and all.

This program and seeing a tms consultant in the UK I was pain free in 3 months.

I have had flare ups that last one week two weeks, then they just go when I start doing
    the program again.

I think feel because I have been through severe pain (my legs were both totally dumb for one year, it was bad) cause I have been though this and it worked, I dobhave total acceptance of tms. I know it’s stress causing
    Pain. I know this will pass like all the other times I have had a flare up, it just faded.

I do still have fear of “of this is back, I have hip pain back pain again. “
    And how long will this last ?

I know this is just my fear. I am determined I will be up and going to the gym and that
    There is nothing wrong with me.

The other reason I feel this is tms is that I have been under a lot of stress the last few months, my 5 year relationship ended In a bad way, my dad has passed away.

When the pain started I was helping my mum look at houses to move, and sell her house, plus I was looking at flats to move myself and run a business.

So I know I have a lot of stress and a high level of anxiety, so it’s not a coincidence I have pain, it’s definitely tms.

I feel I have a good level of acceptance, thou I still have a little fear.
    I will face that fear go and do all the things I want to, I’m exercising in the gym at the moment. But I will push myself to do more.

I will also keep notes on here of my journey
    to help others as well.

I also once I am pain free and I confident I will be, I will post of here a success story of what happened 5 years ago, and how i recovered, just in case it helps someone else.

I do start this program again (like now ) if I have any pain, and I find it just fades and I try to reapply the strategies again.

Good luck and positive energy to every one
    else on this sep at the moment.

Have a good evening.

Lee

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hello Lee. Sorry to hear about your recent difficulties...that does indeed sound like way too much stress to deal with at one time. Hopefully doing the program again will help you really diminish the remaining fear and worry you have about your symptoms so you can achieve outcome independence. From your post, it sounds like that is the area to target since you are already convinced the symptoms are stress related and you have already experienced healing in the past. Good luck and keep up the good work!

3. Leelee19

Leelee19 New Member

Thank you for your reply, I read the outcome independence before working out at gym.
    Thank you so much for taking time to help.
    Wishing you sunshine and a great day.
    Lee