1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1: for those who are uncertain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by David B, Dec 17, 2013.

1. David B

David B Well known member

I have made a few posts prior to this one and again my deepest thanks to those of you who have offered advice. Herbie suggested I pair the SEP with my other TMS/MBS work so I am doing my work with this post.

Right now I am feeling good about my future and prospects with TMS/MBS. See, after 2 months of stopping physical therapy working because it wasnt working and starting an MBS recovery program with some help from a psychologist I crashed. I wound up in bed for nearly 4 weeks due to an explosion of pain.

A week ago today my doctor called with the results of my second MRI. He told me my herniated disc was "basically the same". No rupture. No new major distortion. That sealed it for me. This has to be TMS/MBS because after that crash 5 weeks ago my symptoms were completely different but there is no change in the structure to blame. The only thing that can do that is: MBS/TMS!

In the last week I have gotten better by 30%! Why? Because I now know in my heart and my big mind that this is TMS/MBS and I am working daily on the process of recovery. For anyone who is doubting that belief is the key to ignition I am here to tell it is. Even if you have doubts start one of programs on this site or one of the books. And as they all say: if it gets worse its working. Believe me I went from making it through the day (but mad as hell about the pain) to literally on the floor but it was actually hitting the floor wound up triggering my belief.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, brother. David, you are brave and smart. Your doctor said your herniated disc was not any worse and no rupture, no major distortion.
    Dr. Sarno says in Healing Back Pain that a herniated disc does not cause pain. It's TMS, from one or more repressed emotions.

Now you believe, and you have to, 100 percent. Not 95 or 99 percent. Total belief in TMS heals our pain.

And you're brave for having the courage to get out of bed and go about your day as always, even if it gives pain.
    Dr. Sarno says we have to engage in our regular activities and not just sit or lie down.

Keep thinking TMS. Keep journaling to discover your repressed emotions. They may very well go back to your childhood.
    Some people say they had a happy childhood, but there may be things that happened that you have put out of your mind
    because they really were stressful.

The main thing is, you're thinking TMS and not structural damage to your body. It may take days or weeks, or even longer,
    depending on your TNS healing efforts. You'll soon be pain free. Let us know how it's going.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is so super David B , You are on the right track. Wow, I am amazed at your tenacity.
    You got the knowledge and your winning. 30% percent is great and in a week, your onto it now David.
    Understanding your belief system is so important and you got it by the horns.dancea
    Bless You

4. David B

David B Well known member

Having you all's support is really big to me. My wife told me this morning she totally believes it now. the more I talk to people the more I find an undercurrent of belief in TMS growing in many people. Even my traditional spine doc told me he reads a little of Healing Back Pain every day.

One of my personality traits I have discovered was fear of being alone. One of the wonderful things about this process is Im learning Im not alone. I never really was. It was just an experience I perceived when I was very young and it became one of those patterns that sits in the sub/un-conscious. one I always sensed but pushed away because its scary.

Thank you all for reinforcing I am not alone.

5. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I love this posting David. It is a good reminder for me to keep on keeping on with the belief that pain is TMS. I have been amazed with how freeing its been to let go of the outcome and focus on each little piece of progress. 30% is fabulous!!
    :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is so cool David B , You have got a good understanding on what belief systems can do.
    Im overjoyed that your here and Im so glad you got a foothold on all that were doing.
    Keep us up-dated
    Bless you