1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Day 1 for Jenny

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jenny, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Jenny

Jenny New Member

So, I'm following the suggestion to post on Day 1. I've been following Dr Sarno's books for four weeks now and I am 95% pain free. I've realised that what is perpetuating my pain is fear that it will come back and worry about it popping up again in the future even if I have overcome it now. It's almost instantaneous: I worry and, twang, there's the pain.
    I even think I have trouble fully accepting that there is nothing structurally wrong because I've been told for seven years that I have herniated discs, sciatica, inflammation, etc., etc. This is even when my osteopath looks at my case history and can't find anything wrong in my copious medical notes.
    I have my life back in just four weeks and I'm determined to keep going to overcome my pain forever.

Ellen likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

That is wonderful, Jenny! Glad you have joined us on the Forum. Please continue to post and let us know how you're doing.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jenny. Doctors and x-rays and MRIs and all that can be very misleading. Even if they
    say or show something structurally wrong, Dr. Sarno says often does not cause pain.
    It comes from TMS repressed emotions and perfectionist and goodist personalities.

You're 95 per cent healed and will be 100 percent healed when you believe your symptoms
    are from TMS. Good luck with that. It's the hardest part, to give up that it's structural at all.

4. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Thanks Ellen. I will. I had a day today sitting in an uncomfortable, unsupportive chair with my legs crossed and I had no shooting pains! I need to keep reminding myself that my pain is not caused by sitting in an uncomfortable position for a few hours.

5. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Thanks Walt. It's really hard especially when members of your close family are pharmacists and just can't understand why strong pain killers like valium and Panadeine Forte don't work anymore. Makes you question yourself, but actually learning about TMS, quitting my osteopathy treatment and journalling have been the only thing that has really helped.