1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 (curious and cautious)

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by harmonyvt, May 8, 2017.

1. harmonyvt

harmonyvt New Member

I just heard about this forum from a friend and am excited about trying the program. I am a little apprehensive and probably 50 percent sure about this working. I guess I have nothing to lose since I have tried almost everything, besides medical marijuana which I am about to try. I need a miracle because this pain controls my life. I am able function pretty well but can't work full-time and do a lot of self-care. I want to enjoy the activities I used to before having pain; hiking, skiing, ice skating etc. but I am extremely scared of getting injured again. I want to be free of fear of pain now and in the future. I think I do have many of the personality traits that Dr. Sarno corresponds to TMS and it does make sense. I am terrified of getting off my pain meds and not being able to function. I talked to my doctor today about tapering off some of my drugs today. I going to take it one step at a time and see what happens. I am glad I found this site for the support and structure I need to learn more and try a new approach.

nick likes this.