1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 - Burning knee pain since 2018 - Support and encouragement needed please

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by BecsieBee, Nov 17, 2020.

1. BecsieBee

BecsieBee Newcomer

I have chronic pain in my knees which I have been trying to kick since 2018. I discovered Sarno in 2019 and Nicole Sachs too, but yet here I am nearing the end of 2020 and I still suffer EVERY day in my life. I know I'm triggered by my husband, my kids, daily life etc, I'm so easily irritated by everyone blaming them for increasing my pain levels. I know if I dedicate my self to journaling, meditation etc I do feel a lot better but it still creeps back in and recently has been much worse again. I would welcome encouragment and reassurance that I can beat this once and for all. Thanks

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Perhaps you need to also do some work on on why you want to blame others and are irritated by them... I have the same sometimes - emotional triggers from family set off pain - but as well as seeing how you get triggered - there needs to be some understanding of why they irritate us so - i think its to do with not being listened to - is that from way back in childhood - and why? it is getting to the root of why WE feel like we do. We cannot change others and often they do not even realise what they are doing (to us and to others/themselves) so we really need to get to grips with why it is so intensely annoying/irritating - to stop that endless circuit.... family - trigger - pain....
    With me i feel it is just comes down to not being listened to or valued as a child - and now when that repeats (I'm married - and husbands are great for not listening...!!) I get awesomely intensely irritated...! But now I am trying to work thru that too - understand that others are not really trying to annoy me, mostly people are not aware they are not listening or are swamped by their own stress overloads..... compassion and plenty of it is the key - loads for you and then a whole lot more for them....!!!

3. BecsieBee

BecsieBee Newcomer

Thank you for this, certainly some food for thought and I'm going to work through your ideas and suggestions. I can see it it about changing my thinking and being so present/aware of my thoughts in the moment and not getting carried away and caught up in this habitual irritation which has become a thought pattern/behaviour that is automatic/default setting. Thank you again.

hecate105 likes this.