1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 1 and scared

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by srton, Jun 4, 2014.

1. srton

srton Well known member

I've known about Dr Sarno and believed that I'm suffering from TMS for about 3 years.. It's worked in the past but i'm in the middle of a bad situation now and I'm ANGRY with myself for letting it get to this point. thinking that i'm the cause of all this neck pain is INFURIATING. Trying to be in touch with my emotions is so difficult. Thinking about my perfectionism and all the subconscious stuff going on is daunting to say the least.
    Hoping that this journey is successful because i don't want to feel this way forever.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

You will be ok and it will not be like this forever. The anger you do have will only make the tms stronger. If you have not read "Great Pain Deception" by Steve Ozanich I highly recomended you do. You will find your emotions but this will take time especially if they are deep in your unconscious. Try to meditate and relax, to get your autonomic nervous system calmed down. Also try to find a healthy way to release your anger maybe by doing something you enjoy. Be positive, you have what it takes to overcome this, perseverance and faith. Just accept where you are and look at this as a learning experience, that once healed will make you a better person. It's through pain and suffering that people change and grow. Just keep chugging along with the SEP and wish you the best of luck. Take your time and be patient.

Ryan

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, srton. Ryan's advice is great and I echo it.

I suggest you stop being angry at yourself for your pain and instead be THANKFUL that you have it, because it
    has lead you to discovering Dr. Sarno and TMS. Your perfectionist personality may be the main reason for your neck pain.
    You may have to find ways to modify your self-expectations. I had the same problem, working for a book publisher who was and still is
    a perfectionist's perfectionist. I tried to keep up with the work pace he set for himself and me, and finally decided that wasn't possible.
    Now I work for him at a pace I can handle.

Try deep breathing, meditating, and living in the present moment, not stressing about getting more done and done better.

Being angry with one's self is called in TMS "self bullying." Change that into being happy with yourself. You probably have a lot of
    reasons to feel good about yourself.

4. srton

srton Well known member

thank you both. I really appreciate your kind thoughts.