1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 and Mad as Hell Back and SI joint pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aces0730, Dec 6, 2016.

1. aces0730

aces0730 Peer Supporter

I don't know where to begin. I came to this site a year ago with ankle pain and it got better. Right before the Thanksgiving I had to clean the house for my sister and my guests. My sister, I believe is the reason why I have TMS. All my life she has put me down, called me fat, made me feel awful. There are other things that she has done involving money problems and she has transferred that on to me as well.

During Thanksgiving she mentioned my table looked "lovely" but my house was decorated in a Thanksgiving fashion. Hello, I have a 40 hour week job, a husband and a son and endless responsibilities. I had absolutely no time to "decorate" to her liking. I'm MAD AS HELL she said this to me.

Now I am starting this program again, to try and get better and with Christmas coming I'm beside myself.... If I don't buy her the right gift, or say the right thing or buy someone something more expensive she'll drive me NUTS.

I have pain on the left part of my lower back, my pelvis feels likes it's out of place, I'm saying TMS, TMS, and damn you back leave me alone. I'm trying to think psychologically, and follow Sarno but right now, I'm scared. Please help...

Toni

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Aces. It looks like you have a year-around Grinch for a sister. She is impossible to please, and you might as well get used to that. Just please yourself, not her. My guess is, she has her own TMS and is pushing her repressed anger out on you. Don't be scared. Don't let her get you down. I bĂȘt that down deep, she knows you are a better person than she is, but she won't admit it and it drives her crazy.

And remember that Christmas isn't really Santa Claus but Jesus.

3. aces0730

aces0730 Peer Supporter

Walt, she drives everyone crazy. My mom's friend once asked "what store did your parents buy Garrie (we all have boys nick names), and can we return her? I laughed so hard I nearly fell off the chair. She is going through her own issues, she has tinnitus, I believe she could be helped, but Gid forbid I mention Sarno, she would laugh in my face. She is cynical, and when I mentioned I might go back to school for an MBA, she said is that going to guarantee you a higher paying position? Go figure.

You are correct Jesus is the reason for the season...

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I've had Tinnitus since I was about 30, and I am now 86. I only hear the ringing in my ears when I think about it. I don't think Tinnitus is anything to spend any time worrying about. I think I read that Sarno considers it another TMS symptom. There are a lot worse pains. But your sister would resist anything you suggested.