1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 (again)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by tmsthrowaway05, Sep 5, 2020.

1. tmsthrowaway05

tmsthrowaway05 Peer Supporter

Hi all, I read Sarnos book over a month ago and enjoyed it but didn't know where to go from there and didn't feel any better physically. I realized this 30 day program was the next step. I posted a month or two ago about day 1 and then I gave up (sad I know). I will start again and try because I really am convinced that my pain is mostly non-structural. Here is my post for day 1.

The 20/20 Sarno segment was good... reiterates a lot from his book. The success story I read was also encouraging. It is definitely interesting to see people who have had their pain cured. I do believe this method can work for me because I understand how powerful the brain can be. I understood the book but am still new to understanding what to do regarding my emotions and my unconscious mind. I am becoming aware that they are causing my pain, but it isn't changing anything for me just yet. The question for day 1, "what would a life without TMS mean to you" is easy for me. I would not take things for granted. I would want to do more with my life because at the moment the pain takes over and doesn't let you do anything that should be easy for you to do.