1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1, again!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Logan Cale, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Logan Cale

Logan Cale New Member

Hi everyone,

I have been through the SEP once before last year. However I feel it would be helpful for me to do it again, and address other things I didn't deal with. Plus I still have unanswered questions.

I have made a new account as I'd like to keep things anonymous. My username is just a pseudonym.

After I finished the SEP last year, I definitely feel like I've made progress pain reduction wise. I used to have terrible heel pain, and that's a lot better. However I still have back and wrist pain. Just because I'm going through the SEP again, I don't want to put anyone off in going through it the first time.

I dealt with some repressed anger/rage, but I think I have more. I feel like I went mining for gold, I got some and got complacent. However I know there is another vein of gold (repressed feelings) just waiting to be found. I find the problem with repressed feelings is that by their very nature, they are repressed and not immediately obvious!

My acceptance of TMS, is better than it was, but still not 100%. Maybe 95%. I do find though if I'm having back pain and I tell myself it's TMS, I do worry about it a lot less, and that's half the battle. I do have the slight worry that my wrist pain will never get better, but my heel pain got a lot better, and I used to think that will never get better!

Thanks for this great website and forum, it's literally a godsend! The SEP is amazing, I'm looking forward to doing it again, a bit like re-watching a favourite film! Of course I would rather be pain free and not do the SEP again, but I feel like I need to learn more about TMS and deal with my repressed feelings!

hecate105 likes this.