1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1-Acceptance of TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Crust, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Crust

Crust New Member

Day 1-Here is my short post about the level of acceptance I have of the TMS diagnosis, and of any doubts or worries I may have at this point: Well, once I was recommended and read the Sarno Mind/body book and then went on line and started looking I truly began to suspect that repression issues may be a result of my pain and suffering--so many of the symptoms and patterns and stories matched mine. Ironically I just got a MRI done and it shows a herniated disk and this worries me but after reviewing all the info on line about that ramification I was further reinforced in my decision that my ongoing struggles with back pain may essentially lie within the realm of the psychological. Which is kind of a relief but also discouraging because I think I am pretty much a mess in that area but here I go.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome Crust,
    Yea, I feel like pretty much a mess too. But this TMSwiki program gave me more insight to myself than 61 years of living plus seeing various shrinks off and on for years. And it was all free. I now have a number of tools in my toolbox to help me manage my thoughts and my physical symptoms... you will have all this too.

Crust likes this.
  3. Crust

Crust New Member

Thanks Miss Stella

4. Crust

Crust New Member

Day 2- did the journaling exercise and it asked me to --what am I sad about--what am I angry about. I couldn't think of anything that is making me angry so I wrote down what made me sad and then realized that those things really make me angry too. I take it this is a intended epiphany.

5. Stella

Stella Well known member

Yes it is. I don't feel anger at all. It moves so quickly from my mind to depression or physical pain. I only know I am repressing anger when I feel pain and/or the dark cloud moving into my head.

Crust, you are going on an amazing journey of learning about yourself. Keep us updated on your progress

Crust likes this.