1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 ... A new beginning

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by RozieHolland, Jan 3, 2017.

1. RozieHolland

RozieHolland Peer Supporter

Hello,
    I am Rozie, 60 years young, from the Netherlands. I have backpain for almost 45 years.
    At 21th of November last year I went to my therapist who asked me how it was with my anger to my father who abused me. I denied my anger complete. There is only love.
    The next day I could not walk anymore. My backpain was killing me.
    Normaly I make tea from the hopplant. This works great to relax my muscles. but this time I thought it was better to see a doctor. The doctor gave me Tramacet (Zaldiar in Holland), but that doesn't worked.
    Then I get Diazepam, it still did nothing to me. Then I get Diclofenac and Paracetamol 1000mg.
    The first days I only felt pain, I couldn't do anything. I didn't sleep for 5 days. Then the delusions began.
    I was thinking; what am I doing here, what is life still worth for me, it's better to step out.
    I never had that thoughts before, never in my life I had suicidal thoughts.
    Then I became very affraid of drug intoxication. HERE IT WAS ENOUGH!
    I went searching at the internet for help and I found a triggerpointtherapist. He gave me a link to a video of
    dr. John Sarno. While I was watching my backpain reduced. I could walk again. Right away, I believed him.
    This is what I've been waiting for. I knew it. I beleave for 100%.
    Now it was important to find a good program. I have been looking for a month now, and I think this is the right one for me. I just started today after watching many videos and reading many story's.

With love, Rozie,

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum, Rozie! Sounds like you are in the right place. Many of us have recovered from chronic pain using these methods. Just take it one day at a time and be patient and persistent. Keep us posted on how you are doing, and feel free to ask questions at any time. We are all here to support one another.

Best wishes on your healing journey.......

3. RozieHolland

Thank you Ellen for your reaction. I now know it is important for me to get support. Your reaction made me melancholy. I did it all by myself in life.

THANKS

4. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

hoi rozie,

Mooi een nederlander hier te zien! wat geweldig dat jij ook deze site hebt gevonden. Ik heb voetpijn wat mijn
    leven behoorlijk heeft beperkt en vergald. Ik doe alles achterstevoren tov van jou : ik wil nu naar een wietverstrekker
    om te kijken wat dat voor mij kan doen. Maar belangrijker : ik lees hier heel veel en daar heb ik veel aan
    de uitvoering van het programma etc is voor mij nog best een struggle maar geloof ik zeker in ..
    support is zeker welkom en hier zeker te vinden. wens je veel success en beterschap
    ---------------------------------------------
    translation of the dutch above :)
    good to see a fellow dutch person here! it's so great you have found this website. I struggle with footpain , which
    limitated my life enormous. I am doing it backworks : I wanted to see a wheeddocter to see if that can help
    instead of drugs. But more important : I am reading a lot here and its helping me. the program itself is still a struggle
    but I do believe in it. support is very welcome indeed and you will def. find that here. I wish you good luck
    and be well soon.

greetings
    Karina

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Rozie. Your post and the replies are wonderful. You have come to the right place to heal. You have been given medication and pain killers but they have not helped, nor have they helped many others. In many cases, the medications just keep the pain coming and often intensify it. As you progress in the SEProgram and find some relief, I hope you can cut down on the medication, especially Diazepam to which a person can become addictive and need larger doses.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Rozie, I forgot to say, about Diclofenac... I use a generic form of it called Voltaren Gel which relieves back pain I get sometimes. Maybe ask your doctor about it.

7. Alibumbayay

Alibumbayay New Member

Your post tells an incredible story. It is amazing for me to learn how powerful the mind is. When we try and trick it (suppress our true feelings) our mind pokes at us until we are forced to pay attention and solve the underlying issue. I am glad you found a doctor who introduced you to Dr. Sarno and that you are joining this forum!

8. RozieHolland

Hello Karina, I send you a mail.

Thanks Walt for your reaction. I first tried another program, but it was to confronting and it was to much work and time and money for me. This program fits me better.
    About the medicines I took; I stopped before I saw the video of dr. Sarno because I was affraid of drug intoxication. I never use(d) medicines.
    Then I wrote a letter to my general practitioner and thanked him for being so irresponsible, and told him what I was going to do. I was so mad!

I tried Voltaren Gel, but it doesn't work. There is nothing that works, only tea from the hopplant. When I drink the tea my muscles relax and I have a good sleep.

With love, Rozie.