1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 Daily

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by scootertoe, Jun 8, 2014.

1. scootertoe

scootertoe New Member

Just over a week ago, before finishing Dr. Sarno's book and accepting that I have TMS, I saw my pain management physician, who administered trigger point injections into my neck and upper back (ouch) and when I tried to discuss how frustrated and upset I was about my chronic pain, he proceeded to tell me that I, along with 100 million others, would have to "live with it"! I tried explaining that "living with it" was becoming unacceptable and unmanageable but the response was exactly the same - "live with it" - seriously doc? He prescribed some meds ( which Workers Comp refused to pay for) and sent me on my way. Fortunately for me I discovered this program, didn't waste my money on the prescriptions and am feeling better than I have in months.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Mala like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You are on the right trail scootertoe, if you just had to live with it, well you would have no need to fix it, which is exactly what you will do here. Remember to completely stay in the psychological realm and focus on your emotions. The emotions need to be felt and after you feel them they will begin to get weaker and weaker, thus giving you less structural pain. Also, practice reframing your reactions to folks that make you angry, try to look at things like trivial stuff in a new light of understanding. For instance, the Dr. Tells you that you have to live with it, but you know you have the answers right here so you don't have to react to his teachings, " see he doesn't know about tms, he only knows the schooling that he has been taught and I'm sure he doesn't mean to err with you ok". Just stay strong and positive, in the now like you have already done above in your post, use this reminder to re-frame anything that upsets you, you have the power now -- go and enjoy life to the full.
    Bless you

scootertoe likes this.