1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 31 current stressors

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by prisd, Mar 19, 2016.

1. prisd

prisd Peer Supporter

One of my current stressors is my body image. I used to have a nice flattish stomach, but since pregnancy and a c-section, I'm often aware of my bulging flab in front. I hate how there's a "step" in my stomach. It feels so different and my lower stomach muscles seem out of whack. I'm back in pretty good shape, but my pant size is 1 or 2 sizes bigger than before pregnancy. I feel like I look pregnant all the time. I've done lower ab exercises. I think the problem may be either I can't feel those muscles anymore or the bladder pain prevents me from using those muscles over my bladder, resulting in what's referred to as "IC belly." My belly worries me, makes me feel less attractive. My critical personality sees that bulge in the mirror and says how ugly it looks. My self-consciousness worries if I look pregnant. I wish to myself that my abs could look more like my pre-prenancy self. I see other women with flat abs and say, I wish I had that. It makes me feel remorseful, sad - like there's a lost part of me I'll never get back.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Aren't we rigged in a painful way, to focus on our bodies, or how we think others perceive us, rather than our Being!!

In terms of TMS, it is good to see the stressor, then ask how your Inner Child might feel about this condition, this inner rejecting and fear of not being good enough.