1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Current events and stresses

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Irene, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

Greetings! I have plenty of current stresses, and have been increasingly aware that I'm becoming overwhelmed, and TMS symptoms are kind of lining up one behind the other. But the really big current stress is that someone in my home, whom I love very much, is rapidly declining and her dementia is worsening terribly. I'd be tempted to put off this education program, but, of course, there will be other big stresses right behind this one, and I'd rather go through these events as healthy as possible. So, this is the stress that heads up my list. And, I appreciate being able to post this here. Thank you!

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Irene,
    you will have great success by continuing to particpate during this very stressful time. you will develop tools to help you cope with your future challenges. You can do it. You will succeed.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Irene, I hope you take some deep breaths and keep going through the SEP. It will help you deal with the stress of coping with
    the loved one with dementia. Take breaks from helping her. Give as much time to yourself as you can.
    The woman probably doesn't need as much attention as you think. Just do what you can to make her safe.
    Her dementia may very well have put her in another world and she may be happy in it.
    Being totally in this world is really often not much fun, as you know.
    Maybe dementia is God's blessing. It mellows us out when we probably really need it.
    I'm 84 and in good physical and mental health. God has been and is good to me.
    He is good to you and your loved ones, too. Trust Him. He loves you all.