1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Curious tms question

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Callum bosua, Jul 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Callum bosua

Callum bosua Peer Supporter

I got cupping the other day on my shoulder (which doesn't hurt but I think tms may be stopping blood there to produce symptoms further down my arm) and the physio was surprised at how dark and purple my skin was. She said that the darker the mark the more affected and stagnated the area is (badd circulation, less blood). Because of this, could tms be to blame for the bad circulation in Mt asymptomatic shoulder, or is this an example of a purely physical issue.

2. Booble

Booble Well known member

I think it's neither. Just an ordinary response. For every body function and reaction there are ranges of normal. Practitioners are often used to seeing the mid range responses. Then they make a comment without realizing that they cause some of us to hyper focus on what they said and then worry about what it means and next thing we know we've created a problem that doesn't exist. Believe me I speak from experience of way too many years worrying about way too many things that didn't mean a darn thing. Some people get black and blue marks easier than others, in some people they look different colored, on and on. None of it really matters. Your cupping practitioner thinks she's a medical expert but she's not. Don't worry about it. You are perfectly normal and perfectly healthy.

Amee1111 likes this.
  3. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I had cupping before I understood that it wasn’t helping anything for me...and I would bruise huge black circles. It’s common. The darker the mark the more pressure inside the cup, it has 0 to do with stagnant blood.

Amee1111 and Booble like this.