1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Covid, outcome independence and somatic tracking

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Soph1802, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Soph1802

Soph1802 Peer Supporter

Hi all.

I have two questions really.

1) I keep getting a racing heart periodically throughout the day, often about 15-20mins after food. I have practiced deep breathing, soothing, meditation etc during these episodes but with limited success at actually stopping them. Am I right in thinking that a) it doesn’t matter if it goes away, because I’m still telling my brain it is safe so it will go eventually if I persist and b) I could be trying too hard by worrying that it isn’t going away?

2) I am struggling to reach full outcome dependence over my symptoms because of the fear that they might make me more susceptible to a worse version of Covid, as I know I’m running a lot of cortisol/adrenaline. Does anyone have any thoughts/advice on how to overcome this? I feel as if, if Covid wasn’t happening, I’d have achieved this by now.

thanks and happy healing!
    Sophie

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Have you had your thyroid checked - just that i had similar symptoms and they found i was low in thyroxine - it helped getting it sorted. But obvs the TMS work is really key to keep on with!!

3. Soph1802

Soph1802 Peer Supporter

Thanks for your response - I have had several TSH blood tests and all came out fine, so I don’t think it is that. My symptoms all came on as severe withdrawal from beta blockers, they basically completely ruined my nervous system. I have been in hospital twice, had loads of tests etc but everything came back normal. My thyroid probably isn’t working efficiently given everything I have going on but it always was before so it’s probably just another side effect of this awful withdrawal!