1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

COVID 19 and TMS flare

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by klawley, May 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. klawley

klawley New Member

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone noticed a TMS flare after the COVID 19 pandemic started? I was able to deal with back pain 3 years ago after learning about TMS, it literally changed my life. Since then I have been able to apply to pain that did not have an acute /injury related to it. But about 3 weeks ago I started to have ankle pain which is not heel pain. I am not sure if this is just a flare of TMS due to all the uncertainty and stress living in a pandemic (I should also mention I am an RN so I feel like COVID is all I think about and I have been exposed multiple time’s and many of my nurse friends have caught it). Or could this be planter fasciitis because I have been running everyday day as the gyms are closed- where as I would usually switch up my cardio routines. Or could it be a combination of both?
    Sorry for the long post and thank you. Stay safe everyone :)

2. Gojab

Gojab Peer Supporter

I can't start to imagine the extra pressure you must feel as a RN and bless you for the work you do. But to answer your question, I am convinced that my TMS went into overdrive right around March 12, when the Covid pandemic hit Pennsylvania really hard. I remember being so afraid of getting Covid I cowered inside and disinfected everything in the house. This was even before I started my TMS rehabilitation so I didn't have the tools to deal with it. And I truly believe that the lingering pain I have (which is MUCH better) is due partly to the fear from Covid. What I have now is, the tool to identify the cause of the pain, and not to blame it on a disc or something like that. Which takes a lot of pressure off.