1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

could this be fibro?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NicoleB34, Jun 12, 2018.

1. NicoleB34

NicoleB34 Well known member

First of all, i realize that fibromyalgia is TMS. However, i'm curious what it feels like. I have a long history of pelvic pain, but oddly enough, the pelvic pain has calmed down 30-50% since all this mind/body stuff. However, lately my body just hurts. It's like the pain shifted. I have achy arms and legs, my skin feels sensitive, i'm very stiff in the joints/muscles when i get out of bed or stand up (i'm young, i shouldnt be feeling so stiff!) and my muscles just have this achy restlessness along with crippling fatigue This is so much more pronounced when i have a bad night sleep. i'm trying not to freak out, because i've had odd pains before that eventually calm down, and i hope this does too. Just curious if this sounds like fibro and if anyone has felt like this before.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, it sounds like fibromyalgia to me. When I had it, my best description of it was that it was like having a bad case of the flu with body aches and fatigue. But, as you know, it is treatable with TMS techniques, so just keep doing what you're doing.

3. NicoleB34

NicoleB34 Well known member

yes, that is what it feels like. the beginnings of a virus. i often worry i will fall asleep at the wheel because i'm so painfully tired! The fact that my pain in my pelvis is low, and it's high in the body, reinforces even more that the pain is moving around, and it's my brain doing it.

Ellen likes this.
  4. untangledweb

untangledweb Peer Supporter

I have a really good massage therapist. I used to not be able to tolerate a massage, at all. It seem like no matter how soothing it was at the time, I would end up the next day having horrible pain. When I asked her about fibromyalgia, the first words out of her mouth were “frozen fear”. She said that that was what she learned in massage school. I must say that’s rather apropos and that it moves around your body and appears to have a mind of its own. Since beginning the TMS journey and starting to go to yoga regularly, (I was in a lot of pain when I first started. My massages now don’t cause pain. The yoga pain is at a minimal and when I do have it, it’s because I’ve actually worked my muscles. It used to be for no reason at all. I think it’s one of the most important steps in my recovery.

Ellen likes this.