1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

could ezcema, dry, cracked hands be part of TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Mar 7, 2019.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

hello guys. thing is, sometimes when im under stress or i know i will go to a hard time my hands starts to get cracked (sometimes bleed). i also get it when i touch certain foods or eat certain foods. but has we know, gluten intolerance could also be tms (we think we are intolerant when in reality is our thought)

Lotus likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, I believe many have found dryness, chapping, and ezcema are TMS related. I have noticed that my lips feel dry, like they need chapstick right before leaving my house. I've learned to observe this pattern, and not go along with it, not attend, and my lips don't dry out. I suggest you challenge some of the triggers, and use other proven TMS means if you want to treat these as TMS.

Lotus and stevow7 like this.
  3. stevow7

thanks a lot!

4. Titus Groan

Titus Groan Peer Supporter

I had eczema when I was younger, doesn't bother me now though. Interestingly, it did come back briefly around the time I injured my hand - I wasn't bothered by it though and it just went away.

I have a friend who suffers quite bad from it - he also has a lot going on in his life. He was almost free from it, until recently stuff got stressful and it came back (coincidence?) - he doesn't ascribe to TMS like me, but he claims nothing the doctor has said or prescribed helps. He's finding that going to the gym is helping, which suggests to me that it is at least partly psychological.

Me too!

Lotus and stevow7 like this.
  5. stevow7

thanks for replying!