1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Could be part of my prickly skin problem since no medical cause can be found

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by tgirl, Dec 4, 2015.

1. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

I sold real estate for years and quite frankly don't like it anymore, so haven't sold a house in 4 or 5 years - just sort of fizzled out. My family doesn't financially need me to work, but it would sure help. I really haven't found anything else I would like to do at this point. I am generally busy, but not with work. A couple of things have come to mind from this, and it has taken me a while to make this connection.

First, I wonder if I keep this pain thing going so that I don't have to move forward; why I'd do this I am not sure. The other thing is I have this disturbing feeling deep inside of me, the feeling that my mother with her misplaced Presbyterian work ethic frowns on me for not slogging out a 60 hour work week, making myself useful. She has never totally verbalized this but this is how she thinks. Instead of coming right out and saying this, she makes subtle snide comments. Only my sister and I are able to truly pick up on her judgemental mindset. Just thought I'd write this out rather than just think it.

Thanks to anyone who reads it!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, tgirl. I do think that since no medical cause can be found for your prickly skin problem, it is TMS. Your mother pressuring you to keep working is probably making you feel guilty. A great friend is a Realtor and says selling homes was really a bummer for the past several years, but it is picking up again. He is in Colorado. You might feel better about staying in real estate if you sold a house soon. Or else maybe just help a Realtor since you know the business. The top sellers often hire help.

In any case, try to ignore your mother's pressure.

tgirl likes this.