1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Copyrighted materials

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Feb 20, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

I wanted to write a few words about the sharing of copyrighted materials in public threads.

I'm not a copyright warrior, but I do feel obliged to take action when certain lines are crossed in the public threads. To be honest, as long as things don't get out of hand, I appreciate that people are trying to help one another and personally don't want to interfere with that.

In general, if we set aside the pressures of running a nonprofit and a website, I'd just rather not get involved and would rather keep to myself. I created this website to help people and not to police copyright claims. We also just don't have the resources to police copyright infringements, so I can't get involved unless things cross a certain line.

Obviously, people can do whatever they want in private emails. However, if people make a big deal about exchanging valuable copyrighted materials in a public thread, I'll eventually notice and will have to take the relevant posts down.

If anyone would like to provide feedback, I am very eager to hear it. I'm not interested in public discussion of this topic, but if you have feedback, please feel free to contact me privately via personal message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.