1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Coping with TMS and Tinnitus (long story)

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Samwise, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Samwise

Samwise New Member

Hello Boston Redsox, I honestly wasn't looking for a friend with the same problems, it just happened to be that my close friend started experiencing various pains as I noticed her inner rage started building up due to her being paraplegic. But you definitely are right in terms of it keeping you focused on your own pain. That goodist personality really makes you take things to heart and absorb what other people are going through.
    Right now, I do feel like I am making progress with my healing. I've realized what it is exactly that is causing this rage and frustration in me to build up, and I'm working on shifting my mindset so that I can overcome it. I've been reading several books and even seeing TMS doctors and therapists, and since then, I have witnessed growth within my frame of mind. So I'm actually glad that I finally recognize my issues, but I'm just stuck at the point of trying to transition from constantly thinking physical to emotional. But with time and patience, I know I will hit that AH HA moment and everything will click.
    Also, looks like your Pats are the frontrunners to win it all this year. I've always been a Broncos fan and was excited for this year's team with their new defense, but Peyton Manning can't quite get his offense to run like it used to :(

2. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

Yes, exactly, Marco. It's funny you say this because I realized that yesterday. I've been doing too much and reading too much. I need to take a step back and refocus. There's healing in helping each other, but at the same time you have to prioritize where you put your energy. As with everything, balance is key.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  3. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

You seem to be an smart person who is taking all the right steps towards healing. I'm sure with doing the work you will get better. I'm cheering you on. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
    Samwise likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with Marco that this web community is a wonderful help in healing from TMS pain, but if we go to it mainly looking for others with similar symptoms, we may be focusing too much on them. "Use this site as a tool and not a crutch" is excellent advice.

Misery loves company, I do believe, but we are ultimately on our own, to find our own repressed emotions or personality traits causing pain. And as a Christian I keep reminding myself that I am not alone or on my own in healing or life in general. The Holy Spirit is within me, and in all of us, to protect us and help us to find good health and to be happy. Maybe the Holy Spirit is telling us to practice deep breathing and living in the present. And although I try living in the present, I also believe in thinking tomorrow will be a better day. It often is better than the day before today.

MWsunin12, Samwise and Boston Redsox like this.
  5. Gezondweerop

Gezondweerop Newcomer

Hello Simplicity,

I’m glad for you that you could overcome your tinnitus. I’m trying myself. I follow the SEP in a comfortable way, taking my time, which is very special for me doing it this way but it feels good. I’m a ‘speedy Gonzales’ mostly
    I hope you could give me some support. What helped you, specially for reducing the tinnitus? Do you have some practical tips?
    I started the TMS program because I suffered from back, and shoulderpain. This went almost away, it feels like a wonder.
    The tinnitus started some years ago after having a Bells Parese. I learned to live with it. But after the backpain stopped, the tinnitus became very loud, very unpleasant. And since some weeks I suddenly have vision problems. I went to the eye docter but he couldn’t find anything special so I name it another TMS problem.
    Recovery isn’t easy.
    But back tot the tinnitus, what was helpfully for you and can be copied by me?
    I hope you or someone else can help me a little bit.