1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Convincing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sonic, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

I must say that the more I read up on this, the more convincing the TMS theory is to me. I have accepted the diagnosis but still have doubts if that make sense. I realise that I must fully banish these doubts but confident that with more knowledge this will happen.

I would say my personality trait is that I'm a Goodist/people pleaser for sure. I always avoid conflict and tend to agree with what People say just to get on with it. I have carried out tasks that I'm not comfortable but have just got on with it. I realise now that this can be bad over time to the inner-child that is within us.

Journaled for the 1st time today for 15 mins about something that is fairly recent and was quite revealing to me. The event I wrote about revealed to me how much my Goodist trait could be component which contributes to TMS.

I'm sure the more I dig the more convinced I will get and hopefully heal.

Bless.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sonic. It's great that you journaled about having a goodist personality. I identify with that. I tried to be the perfect son, never got into trouble, and tried to please my parents and everyone. Through TMS reading, I discovered how hard that has been on me. I didn't stop pleasing, I just modified it. My severe back pain went away.

There are some very helpful videos on Youtube about how to deal with a people pleasing personality.

Sonic likes this.
  3. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt, I will look into them Videos on YouTube.