1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Convinced yet not? Bladder sx

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by cnote, Aug 19, 2016.

1. cnote

cnote Peer Supporter

Today i was almost 100% positively convinced i had tms. And i still do with other pain symptoms, however, the only thing that has me convinced my l4-5 broad based disc bulg is indeed a significant irritant, is because 2 years ago after running a lot, my first symptoms was sever bladder pain. That luckily went away after 2 weeks, then came the back pain.

It has been feeling much better! Almost gone the past week or so, but ever since my episode 2 years ago, ive been left with bladder weakness. As in, i used to be able to piss bark off a tree. Now i have to push pretty hard at the end of my urinations. And my stream is good but not strong like before my back pain.

I want to say its tms, SO bad... but part of my brain is telling me "nope."
    Grrrr..

What do u think?

2. cnote

cnote Peer Supporter

The more I think about it... it doesnt MATTER. I should still treat this as TMS. Because, today... I'm doing so much better! I basically I'm 98% pain free.

Even if my l4-5 could be causing some mild bladder weakness... it's not a big deal... AND If I still believe... IT CAN HEAL with time regardless!

I'm pushing through with TMS therapy. :)

birdsetfree and Tennis Tom like this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

98% is damn good! Aiming for 100% would be exhibiting the TMS perfectionist personality. Dr. Sarno shoots to getting his patients back to functioning at a normal level. Some pain is acceptable as long as it doesn't interfere with functioning. Prostatitis and urinary urgency can be TMS equivalents.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    birdsetfree likes this.
  4. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

You've got it. That's great! You have good evidence now with your bladder because it feels better.

98% pain free - fantastic! Post your success story when you are ready it will help so many others.