1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Contradictions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Going threw day 6 of the program, and going back to repress emotions that are causing me my physical pain which is helping....but then I decided to read a book from Eckhart Tolle The Power of Now and it tells you to live in the Now not to go back into the past...what gives. Would love to hear any responses .

CONFUSED REDSOX FAN

2. blackdog

blackdog Peer Supporter

Hello Boston,

If you are doing an exercise like that and thinking about what happened in your past in order to gain clarification, but at the same time are aware of your breath, your surroundings and your Self than you are in the present moment. I think what Tolle meant is getting lost in the past through depression or regret, etc. That is my take on it anyhow. It is amazing how prone we are to want to complicate everything, I am certainly the same way, worrying about so much. It sounds like that exercise may allow for a practice in changing some of that.

Andrew

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Black dog that makes sense thx for clearing that up