eskimoeskimo
Well known member
Hi All,
Just looking for further advice and feedback. I've known about Sarno's theories for about 8 months now, and have gradually adopted more and more of the techniques, but with very little success. I've remained highly active, I journal daily, and meditate daily. I've read all the relevant books recommended here on the forum, listened to Sarno's audiotapes, followed the 'structured program' but my pain (upper back and neck) has continued to worsen, and the anxiety and depression along with it.
I get a little short-lasting relief when I'm very relaxed, such as after vigorous exercise or a particularly relaxing meditation. But, I have yet to really tap into the power of 'knowing the pain is due to mild oxygen deprivation caused by repressed emotions and not a structural abnormality." Sarno says the key is to short circuiting the distracting pain response with this knowledge, and not really about solving anxieties and relaxing. How much time can be dedicated to just calming the nervous system each day anyways? I haven't had any notable breakthroughs to bolster my confidence in this process, and each day that goes by without any improvement really hinders my ability to accept the TMS diagnosis. I know counting the days is counterproductive, but c'mon... it's kind of impossible not to after a while.
Any advice greatly appreciated, I'm feeling very stuck and not so hopeful.
Thank you,
Tyler
Just looking for further advice and feedback. I've known about Sarno's theories for about 8 months now, and have gradually adopted more and more of the techniques, but with very little success. I've remained highly active, I journal daily, and meditate daily. I've read all the relevant books recommended here on the forum, listened to Sarno's audiotapes, followed the 'structured program' but my pain (upper back and neck) has continued to worsen, and the anxiety and depression along with it.
I get a little short-lasting relief when I'm very relaxed, such as after vigorous exercise or a particularly relaxing meditation. But, I have yet to really tap into the power of 'knowing the pain is due to mild oxygen deprivation caused by repressed emotions and not a structural abnormality." Sarno says the key is to short circuiting the distracting pain response with this knowledge, and not really about solving anxieties and relaxing. How much time can be dedicated to just calming the nervous system each day anyways? I haven't had any notable breakthroughs to bolster my confidence in this process, and each day that goes by without any improvement really hinders my ability to accept the TMS diagnosis. I know counting the days is counterproductive, but c'mon... it's kind of impossible not to after a while.
Any advice greatly appreciated, I'm feeling very stuck and not so hopeful.
Thank you,
Tyler