1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 23 continuing to improve

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Aug 8, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

So, today's journal task was to ask about any improvements that have arisen from the programme. Well, the pain is way, way down...now just a minor dull ache in the back. I can sit up all day, I am walking, and I have had nearly a week of good sleep without waking up in pain, and lack of anxiety attacks. I'm not done yet certainly...I want that dull ache to cease and desist! But a huge, huge difference. I am confident now that I will be healed completely soon...not putting pressure on myself, but things are on the upswing.

As far as personality improvements, I certainly am becoming more aware of what a people-pleaser I have been, and frankly, how I let work take over everything. As I don't start teaching until late September, I am relearning what it means to have leisure time and even to have fun...I never let myself have a lot of down time before. Work was just filling empty space in my life I also am counting blessings...I think I have the most wonderful husband in the world who stuck with me through all this, and I finally let myself be taken care of. That was huge for me.

Laudisco likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Good for you! So often we spend all our time trying to please others and forgetting about ourselves. Really we can bring more joy and happiness to others by being truer to ourselves and letting go of stress. I too have a wonderful husband who has stuck by me despite everything for many years. Since I have healed he has remarked several times how much nicer I am to be around.; how less uptight, more open, more spontaneous and far more loving! So by helping myself - I helped my husband and my marriage! It's a win-win situation....

Laudisco likes this.
  3. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

I'm so happy to hear about your improvements, Abuglet! It's wonderful to hear that your pain has reduced dramatically. It sounds like you're on the right track. :)

I can also relate to being a people-pleaser, as I have struggled to be assertive and set wise boundaries. It's something I'm still learning, but I've made huge steps forward since I've had TMS and learned a lot more about these issues.

hecate105 likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a wonderful exchange of posts. You folks are helping each other and healing. Isn't it wonderful that TMS not only ends physical pain but helps us to be happier, more relaxed. Our loved ones notice that and it makes them feel better. Relationships improve all around.

I think we all sometimes over-do it, trying to be helpful and people-pleasers. Some people can eat us alive if we let them. Maybe they just want attention. Look at the politicians and show biz people!

hecate105 likes this.