1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Continuing the good fight.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jwiles, Jul 12, 2015.

1. jwiles

jwiles Peer Supporter

Today was a very interesting day for me. When I woke up I had the same usual pain in my left arm that I have been having. When I went to work things went as usual but I noticed that under stressful moments the pain would try to increase. The pain would literally try to spread for my hands up in my forearms. I tried to channel into it and not fear it and the pain in my forearms went away. Little mix of pain would return here and there but for most of the day I didn't get any kind of my forearms. I did notice a pain in my left index finger at the register but I tried not to let it bother me much. Did a slight amount of programming today just for fun and the pain never increased. The pain was there but it just never got to the point where I would have to quit out of fear. The only thing I can say that has even bothered me Besides some pain since my return to activities is weakness in hands. I'm pretty sure this could be related to TMS as well but then again it could be where I haven't use my hands a whole lot lately. Either way not a horrible day

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

it seems you are being successful in connecting the pain to TMS thinking. The next step is to try and forget you even have pain and get through the day without it. It is a balancing act I feel! To try and get through a day normally - but, if any pain arises - to challenge it and then forget it again... !