1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Consultant meeting regarding updating our Strategic Plan

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Forest, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I will be meeting with a SCORE representative tomorrow (Friday November 22nd) to work on a new Strategic Plan for the PPD/TMS Peer Network. The PPD/TMS Peer Network is the 501(c)(3) nonprofit sponsoring the TMS Wiki and this forum. SCORE is the "Service Core of Retired Executives." It is a nonprofit where successful retired executives volunteer to help small businesses and nonprofits with their planning. It is affiliated with the United States Government's Small Business Administration.

Basically, there are four things I think we want to focus on, going forward: Provide Services to Peers, Develop Volunteer Infrastructure, Unify Practitioners, and Present a Professional and Informed Image. As this organization is peer-led, all of your input is highly valuable. So, what do you want the Peer Network to focus on in the next two years?

You can view the current draft of the 2014-2016 Strategic Plan here. (You can also view our old Strategic Plan for 2011-2013.)

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest, you are a hero.
    My cognitive functions slide when faced with such organisational details. Thank you for all the unseen work you do and have done in creating this healing space, for granting us voice and grace to listen, and for honouring each souls unique journey.

North Star likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, Plum, you always brighten my day! I think that you are most definitely not the only one whose brain gets all slippy when confronted with a topic like strategic planning. I think that my brain is precisely the opposite of a normal human brain. I love computers, strategic planning, math, and a couple other things that most people find absolutely horrendous. :)

For anyone following this, we had a great conversation about it on our Facebook page. Someone suggested to make a very simple "what is TMS - the basics" home page and we're going to go ahead with it.
    https://www.facebook.com/ppdtms/posts/667430599968641

4. nancy

nancy Well known member

Forest, the basics is a great way to go! "What is TMS"!!! Most people have never heard
    of it. I thought about it 5 yrs ago after being in pain for 3 yrs then with no answers. I got
    such strange looks from Dr's, friends, family and decided to go with structural abnormality
    I believed. It was all bologna, I have evidence now!! Thanks for all your hard work and how
    you have helped so many to get through another day!! Nancy

Forest likes this.
  5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I echo Dan's suggestion. I have long thought TMS would benefit from the "Explain like I'm Five" approach. It worked well for Existentialism so doubtless TMS will be a breeze.

Forest likes this.
  6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest,
    Yes, thank you so much for all you do. We are all so fortunate to reap the benefits of all your hard work.

I reviewed the strategic plan and it looks great! My only suggestion: I notice that there are only three local in-person support groups. I would like to see these increase, though I know from past experience that getting such groups started and keeping them going can be very challenging. Still if there was some kind of infrastructure for setting these up that someone could access if they were interested in starting one in a locale, that may be helpful. I'm sure other national/international peer support groups have a model that could be used for this.

Forest and plum like this.
  7. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow, Forest,
    That totally rocks! Thank you so very much for all your hard work. My week of travel and missing time here made me realize what strength and encouragement this brings to me.

Ellen, I have toyed with networking with medical people that are open to TMS and starting a support group. So yes...having this forum as a reference would be very helpful.