1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Constant Urge to Pee

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by alyssa12, Jul 22, 2019.

1. alyssa12

alyssa12 Newcomer

Hi everyone!

My name is Alyssa, I'm 22, and I'm dealing with an issue that I'm wondering may fall in the "TMS" category. This may be a long one, so I apologize in advance!

Last summer, I was dealing with the feeling of always feeling like my bladder was full, even when I just had used the restroom. The best way to describe it as the constant awareness of my bladder. I could always feel it, regardless if I truly had to tinkle or not. When it first began, it would come and go, always coming when I was on anxious. I feared the worst. At first, I thought it was diabetes, then diagnosed myself IC (interstitial cystitis). For entire month, I was wreck, just stuck in a pit of anxiety. I scoured the internet, looking for hope but the majority of it were horror stories. Though, I noticed when I stopped feeding the anxiety, it faded, and about two months later after it began, it went away completely.

Throughout the months, it would come back, whenever I felt anxious, but if I didn't put too much attention on it, it would go away. So, I just assumed this was anxiety.

Maybe a little TMI, but about two weeks ago, I had a UTI coming on, so I felt this pesky feeling again, along with some pain on my lower abdomen. I drank some cranberry juice, and felt better the next day. The sensation went away.

A week ago, this sensation came back. I looked on internet about UTIs, and read that they could eventually turn into kidney infections. Since I read that, and my anxiety grew, it's been hard to shake the feelings of anxiousness. This sensation has been present with me most days, though I have to note, it hasn't been bad as that time. It comes and goes, ALWAYS COMES ON WHEN I'M ANXIOUS.

I know deep in my heart that it's most likely anxiety, but... in the back of my mind.. the anxiety whispers, "what if it's IC?" "000 you know what, it's probably diabetes..."

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Do you think this could be TMS?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Alyssa -

You don't say anything about having ever been seen by a medical professional for these concerns, which is essential before you embark on an assumption of TMS.

When it comes to the "back pain equivalents", which includes pelvic/UT distress, you'll never get rid of your doubts until you've been told that there is nothing wrong. Fortunately, an actual UTI is really easy and inexpensive to have checked out.

Of course, if it turns out that you suffer from the brain mechanism we call TMS, your primitive fearful brain will find something else to scare you with - but that's the next chapter...

sam908, alyssa12 and birdsetfree like this.