1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. D'NiceTMS is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now on US Standard Time)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Connecting emotions to symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by birder, Jan 20, 2020.

1. birder

birder Well known member

First, I’m just gonna get this off my chest: my brain can only hold so many user name-password combos! Apparently I’ve exceeded my cerebral limit. So every time I want to post something, I have to reset my password. Is this another symptom? Hahaha!
    It’s been a long journey through bizarre symptoms, mega-major life events, physical catastrophes and nonlinear recoveries, an ill-fated foray into medical interventions and the TMS diagnosis, which I gave lip service to but now realize how much I was holding back. I was AMA born and raised, and it’s like asking a carnivore to try a nice tofu burger – you might pretend it’s all that, but inside you crave your ribeye and mashed. Finally God in her wisdom started knocking me over the head with the connection between what I was feeling – or not allowing myself to feel – and how my brain was responding with sensations, many of them frightening, some of them just . . . bizarre. I had to laugh at the odd things my brain was coming up with. And once I started to laugh at those, it got a lot easier to laugh at the scary ones. Taking it all less seriously has been huge for me. Because it means any day can be a good day, independent of how my body feels. And that makes me smile when I wake up in the morning, which is everything.