1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Confused

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by danno_66, Jan 8, 2022.

Tags:
  1. danno_66

danno_66 Newcomer

Hello all. I’m new to the forum & I see a lot of helpful info here. I’m convinced that I have TMS. Over the years, I’ve had so many of the symptoms (back, shoulder, elbow, tinnitus, foot pain, etc) Now I’m dealing with hip and shin splint pain. I’m pretty active with walking & weight training. I developed both my problems about 2 weeks ago. I just woke up one day with these two symptoms. After about a week & a half of no exercising, I sucked it up & decided to start walking again. About 20 minutes into the walk, the symptoms greatly dissipate. Once I get home, the symptoms come back in about an hour. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Daniel.

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

What you see is typical. Symptoms come and go, or appear under certain circumstances. Stay the course, and you will succeed!

3. Mr Hip Guy

Mr Hip Guy Well known member

This is EXACTLY how my original TMS symptoms would work. I would approach resuming activity with great trepidation, be surprised when the pain would go away, but then be disheartened (devastated) when they would come back, in my case TWO hours later (I always said I could set a clock by it - big time clue there).

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think what you are experiencing can be explained. When you start walking or exercising, you are taking your mind off the pain obsession. Once you are back to your pre-Sarno routine (no exercise), your brain goes right back to its obsession. The more time you spend away from focusing on pain, the sooner you will stabilize in the condition without pain. The change is very gradual, but inevitable!