1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Confused about irritation need some advice

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kimaya, Nov 15, 2018.

1. kimaya

kimaya Peer Supporter

Iam so confused need some perspective about the situation.

So my ic like symptoms have improved alot but whenever iam dehydrated or don’t drink enough water the urethra irritation comes back

It never used to happen before as i rarely drank water whole day with no symptoms

Now alot of people would say what’s wrong in drinking water , drink it anyways but it’s not about that , isn’t it like creating a trigger ?

Also i have talked to some women who are healthy say it’s normal to feel irritation when dehydrated i never experienced that before

So it’s very confusing wheather i should live like before and not fear the symptoms or continue measuring my water intake

2. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

There are many useful responses here, and I hope more people jump in. My contribution is, do your best to not worry or obsess over details in recovery - it just serves to keep a person in a strained, avoidant response, which adds to symptoms.
    I don't know whether you should live like you did before, but I do know that you should live as calmly and enjoyably and presently and engaged as possible, and make that a priority.

Best wishes

3. Dfw

Dfw Peer Supporter

Not sure I understand what your concern is. Dehydration causes a multitude of symptoms. Why would you purposefully not drink enough water? That sounds like there are more intimate details going on, that I would dare not opine on.

I know I had to go to the hospital for minor dehydration for heart palpitations and being a male had irritation in areas, strictly from not having enough water. Has nothing to do with TMS, but all to do with not enough water. Same as if we did not eat enough calories, there will be consequences, having nothing to do with TMS.

No need to measure your water intake, although I do on my Fitbit. I have set a goal of 90oz of water a day. I, also monitor my urine color, which is the best indicator of proper water intake.

In my humble opinion, I think you are reading too much into this, when the solution is simple. BTW—as we age, our caloric & water intake may need to be adjusted.

Best to you