1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 15 Confidence In Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hugh, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Hugh

Hugh New Member

I have been doing the program daily and have been at the best place mentally in the past two and a half years. I see my anxiety drastically diminish as I have been journaling through past events and exploring what sets me off. I have noticed my pain shifting around in my back/neck and this has been reassuring for the diagnosis. I am 99% confident that this is the cause of my back pains especially with a myofascial pain syndrome diagnosis mixed with reflecting back on my emotional state at the time of developing the pain. I am having a harder and more fearful response to applying this to my finger which was diagnosed as tendonitis. Michael Reinvented has commented before on my finger and assured that inflammation does not stay around for this long. I cut a tendon in this finger almost 3 years ago and started getting tendonitis 2.5 years ago. The thing that scares me is that the mechanics in my finger changed by the injury, because I have 1 lateral slip tendon instead of two. Dr's said it would heal and still have function, just have one less reign (described as a horse with two reigns, and now only having one reign) I read in Ozanich's book that most of us need a rubber stamp diagnosis to be 100% confident. I have considered flying up to NY to see Sarno to get this rubber stamp, particularly for my index finger as I am fearful to start using it as much as I have been with my back.

Does anyone have any thoughts on their recovery by just using the books instead of getting the golden stamp of TMS? Thoughts on pushing through tendonitis pain? This has been the scariest for me to face. Thanks guys.