1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Conditioned Response

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by AkashVerma, Jan 13, 2022.

1. AkashVerma

AkashVerma Peer Supporter

How to break conditioned response ?
    In case of me, Sitting infront of desktop or laptop trigger burning eye sensation and Pain. It is interfering alot with my academic work. Please, Help me !

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

In my experience, it's about unlearning the conditioned response by overriding the incorrect thinking with the correct thinking. When you sit down in front of your computer say to yourself (out loud or silently) something to the effect of: "There is no logical reason why sitting in front of my computer should cause eye burning or pain. I am willing to look at and feel my emotions related to this activity. So STOP it brain! You do not need to create symptoms!" Find your own words that work for you. But say it emphatically every time you sit down. One day you will notice that the symptoms are gone. Continue to read about TMS and look honestly at your emotions and feel them. Journaling helps many people with this process, but isn't necessary.

Let us know how it goes. Best wishes.....

backhand, Balsa11 and Hopeful22 like this.
  3. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Blinking more and of course less screen time helps too. Dry eyes sometimes hurt but it goes away eventually