1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Complex regional pain syndrome & Small fiber neuropathy

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by DianeRadvanski, Sep 8, 2016.

1. DianeRadvanski

DianeRadvanski New Member

Hello I wasn't sure if someone had posted that they had Complex regional Pain Syndrome. I have it on the face and head.

And also if anyone had small fiber neuropatby as well.

Advice aND suggestions for a easing pain and any herbal treatments, vitamins and how to live with 24/7 pain.

Thanks so much

Diane

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I may be wrong but I think @TG957 had the CPRS diagnosis.

You may find some interesting information by googling Terry Wahls. She is a doctor who overcame MS through nutritional means. There is a TED talk she gave on youtube which is good for a quick insight. I've embraced a measure of her advice in healing my partner. I've not read her book so I can't claim to intimately know her program but what I've read and heard makes sense.

DianeRadvanski likes this.
  3. DianeRadvanski

Thanks so much for the info. I will look it up. Nearly went to thr ER earlier but they don't do much other than give a sedative and don't know how to treat these things. I really appreciate it!

4. riverrat

riverrat Well known member

Speaking of MS:
    Someone I know write a book of his healing of MS, migraines, and some other stuff through meditation, mindfulness, and yoga. It's called " I don't dwell" by Sam Shelly. Worth a read for a mind healing perspective.

5. DianeRadvanski

Thank u very much!

6. DianeRadvanski

7. Steve J.

Steve J. Well known member

Hi, Diane,

I hope that you're feeling somewhat more hopeful today. I found this link that I hope will inspire you. We have to remember that along with TMS healing, medical advances are being made every day, and technology moves at an exponential rate. When we combine the two, there will be no stopping us from living happy, painless lives. Don't give up hope. We are powerful.

Best,
    Steve

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    tgirl likes this.
  8. Steve J.

I also see that you are from NJ. You might do well to consult with Dr. Paul Gwozdz--he is a Sarno-trained physician and I've heard incredible things. I'm actually thinking of seeing him in the next couple of months.

9. DianeRadvanski

He is a nice doctor. Best wishes to you!

10. Steve J.

Ah so you've seen him?

11. DianeRadvanski

Yes...but this was earlier on when I thought I didn't have a serious neurological disorder...now it is not so clear of TMS is fully at work here. Vest wishes to u!

12. Steve J.

I see. Good luck, Diane. I pray you find peace and optimal health.

13. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Diane, it seems you are very much into the structural answers to your symptoms, if you have TMS, herbal treatments and vitamins are NOT the answer. Have you been back to Dr. Gwozdz to see if he thinks your symptoms are TMS or not? Have you read any TMS books, I'm asking because your posts deal with structural issues and not the psychosomatic which TMS is. If you have a "serious neurological disorder" I assume you have seen a neurologist for it, what does he say? What was the treatment recommended? Do you think you have TMS or a structural disorder?

14. DianeRadvanski

Thanks! It will be a very long haul.

15. DianeRadvanski

Likely structural...systemic tests and blood work indicate a potential serious autoimmune disease on top of possibly a neurological one. I apy and read a lot of the TMS literature because I believe there are benefits and always something to be learned so I remain open minded.

16. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Modern medicine is very good at dx'ing real structural diseases, "potential" and "possibly" don't sound too precise. Has Dr. Gwozdz given an opinion on these dx's?

P.S. Trying to spell Dr. Gwozdz is making my TMS twitch. ;)

17. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Diane,

I had responded in great detail to your post on your condition before, with information on CRPS and what eased my nerve pain - see below on at least one of your threads. I can't find my other responses to your posts, but I think there were couple more, all on the subject of CRPS.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/allodynia-and-scalp-pain.13172/#post-69362 (Allodynia and scalp pain)

Topricin eased my pain but did not heal the condition. Unless you start thinking psychologically, you will not get better. Good luck to you.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  18. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Diane, I have been watching your posts for a while. I may say something that you may not like, but it is true: you can continue convincing yourself that there is something other that TMS going on with you, or you can start looking for a proof that a serious autoimmune disease can be overcome in the same way as TMS (meaning that it is likely to be TMS as well). Here is an amazing site by Shannon Harvey who overcame incurable lupus by means of meditation and diet, she now collects stories of people who recovered from nearly terminal conditions through mindbody approach.

https://theconnection.tv/the-film/ (The Connection: Mind Your Body)

In my humble opinion, anyone who eats healthy should just stop worrying about diet and vitamins and focus on healing their nervous system and overcoming their fears. Getting over your fear and catastrophising is the key - easy to say, hard to do.

Tennis Tom and riverrat like this.