1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Success Story Uploaded on Youtube

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by psychosomatic, Jan 8, 2014.

1. psychosomatic

psychosomatic Peer Supporter

Hello Everyone!

I'm excited to announce that I've finally completed my success story in video format and uploaded it to YouTube yesterday. The link for the playlist is below:

I wanted to create something comprehensive that people could relate to and also learn from so I broke it down into 7 videos. It covers the following topics:

- Coping with TMS/ And how hard life can be when dealing with chronic pain
    - My success story of how I beat TMS
    - A detailed overview of the theory and mechanics behind TMS
    - Tips and techniques for eliminating TMS

Dr. Sarno gave me my life back and I hope this video helps you and inspires you during your recovery. If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment. I will make sure to answer.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'll be watching your videos today and in the days ahead.
    This looks fabulous.
    I'll give you some reply in about half an hour.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Hi, Kareem (psychosomatic).
    I just watched the first four of your videos and they and you are terrific.
    You do a great job of leading the viewer into your story of back and neck pain,
    how it began, all the medication and practitioners you saw over four years
    but not no pain relief.
    In video 4 you explain how you discovered Dr. Sarno and read Healing Back Pain
    and right after reading the book, your pain left you.
    That's an amazing true story and everyone ought to watch your videos.
    I will watch the remaining videos tomorrow to learn more about your healing experience.

I had severe back pain about a year and a half ago and that led me to learn about
    Dr. Sarno and TMS. After a few months, I healed.
    I've since then become a frequent poster to TMSWiki and am writing a book
    about TMS with another frequent poster, Herbie, about our journeys toward healing.
    We hope to have it finished in a few more weeks.

Those of us who have learned about TMS, whether we healed from knowing our
    repressed emotions or are still in the healing process, we who visit TMSWiki often,
    if not daily, are kindred spirits. We definitely welcome you to join us spreading the
    good news of the good doctor Sarno.

Herbie and I, in our book, add the spiritual element to our Mindbody TMS healing,
    so I would like to know if you added prayer and seeking God's help in your healing.
    We know that may not be necessary for everyone, but we found it helped us.

I'll watch your remaining videos tomorrow and get back to you.

Meahwhile, it's great to get to know you and learn of your TMS journey.

P.S., I'm a freelance writer, age 83, and Herbie (Eric) is a roofer and preacher, age 40.

Cheers,

Walt

North Star, Sienna, G.R. and 2 others like this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Man psychosomatic this is so surreal with your story. I felt those same tears you developed in your video above while telling your story. Its awesome that we finally after all these years found the true way to be healed. I watched 5 of your videos and Im going to watch the other two tomorrow, very heart warming to know you've been there and now you have healed.

The way you said you had to take the meds but you still had to lie down every 15 minutes just so you could try to get some kind of relief, that was me too. The meds weren't even helping much at all for me since I was in 24 hour pain. Then you mentioned how your friends or co-workers weren't settling well with you because you'd often have to go home in pain while the work was getting heavy.

This is so much the same as so many of us go through, its just like you said --hardly anyone believes your really in pain and that just adds to the distress. I don't want to rag on about the story of pain as much as I want to say thank you for posting these videos so we can have more knowledge in what its like having to live with this tms. Also you got the cure while reading the book, that is super great -- Sarno mentions how some folks heal while reading the books and you did just that, now I still need to see your other two videos but what ive seen so far is an awesome account of your real to life situation.

Its moving brother what you've been through and now your well and kicken. I know its truth and all those years of looking I finally found Sarno and like you I knew when I read his book that this was it, eventually. Its just something special about the way Sarno convinces you.
    Thank You again so much

5. mousemom

mousemom Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for these videos. I can relate to your pain. I am still in a lot of pain with my back but stories like yours give me hope. The videos come at a great time since I am becoming desperate to rid this pain. I pray you to continue to grow & that your story will inspire others. Peace!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Kareem, I watched the rest of your videos and they're really powerful affirmations that
    our pain is caused by TMs and how to heal.

I especially liked your explanation of our conscious and our unconscious minds and
    how we experience childhood traumas through out unconscious mind.
    It is truly our inner child.

I also think you do an excellent job of "fleshing out" Dr. Sarno's steps toward healing.
    Accepting that our pain is from TMS repressed emotions and not anything structural,
    and ignoring the pain. If we don't acknowledge pain, our unconscious gives up on it.

I think accepting pain is 100 percent TMS is the hardest thing for most people.
    As Ozanich writes in his book, even if we believe 99 percent, we won't heal.

You do a great job telling your personal healing story and offering suggestions for
    others to heal. It's a great success story.

North Star and Sienna like this.
  7. psychosomatic

psychosomatic Peer Supporter

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Much appreciated :)

Walt - To answer your question, I did not seek god or religion during my healing process. I wouldn't call myself a religious person, so it was not something I explored.

I will say though, that the healing process has made me a much more spiritual person. Mostly because there is so much more to life than what we can see and measure. Our unconcious mind and our repressed emotions cannot be measured. They are invisible, and if you strictly follow scientific protocol you would never know they exist. For all of us suffering with TMS this invisible force drags us down, and despite our best efforts we search for answers in the wrong place.

Dr. Sarno in many ways is similar to a Prophet. He discovered this invisible force and how powerful it was. He convinced us in the power of this force, and those who follow him and practice his teachings eventually find the light and heal. He is one of the few doctors who hasn't forgotten how remarkable we are as creatures. We are incredible physical beings, adaptive in so many ways. We are not fragile. Our brains our magical, and we have barely scratched the surface of what they are capable of. We must never forget that not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

8. Sheree

Sheree Well known member

Thank you SO much Kareem for taking the time and effort into making these videos. You have explained TMS so well and I think you will really help people achieve just what you have. It is heartwarming to see that you have your life back again. How wonderful. Enjoy it to the maximum.

Sienna and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Kareem, I echo Sheree, and thank you so much for your reply on religion not playing a part in your healing,
    but in some ways something like it did.

10. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Kareem

Just watched your videos they're amazing, I'm sure they'll help a lot of people.

Thrilled that you're doing so great :joyful:

11. finches

finches New Member

Kareem, your story has been a huge inspiration to me, brother. To hear you express your tribulations first hand really showed me the authenticity of this condition, and then to hear how you triumphed was truly heart warming.

12. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for these fabulous videos and for sharing your experience. I watched them straight through! I will be re-watching them again soon and have already found them very helpful and inspiring. Knowledge is so powerful. Happy for your healing and thank you again for taking the time to share your story in such a meaningful way. Many people will benefit from your generosity of time and spirit.

13. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

This is spectacular and just what I needed today. I do well with visuals, so was perfect for me. Kareem, thank you for taking the time to produce these videos. I know these videos will help so any people. It's great to hear about success stories.

14. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Amazing, thank you Kareem! There's some great tips in the last video to reinforce my knowledge. It's videos like these that will accelerate healing for many. Thank you for the time and effort in putting these together.

15. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Finches, your phrase about these videos convincing you of the "authenticity of this condition" really resonates with me. Success stories like Kareem's provide the kind of direct empirical evidence of the existence of TMS that's needed to convince the traditional medical establishment about the real existence of TMS as a neuro-psychological condition that can produce chronic pain. Knowledge therapy is a powerful tool, isn't it?

16. Painfreefuture

Painfreefuture Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for your video!! I didn't realize it was new. I found it by accident the other day when googling desperately for some encouragement. I was having a hard time and your words, your honesty, your sincerity were so helpful. After watching your video I have made it a point to watch or read a success story everyday. I did not appreciate the importance of this until I heard you speak of it. Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on your success!!!

17. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Kareem, this is so fabulous….just fabulous….

THANK YOU!

18. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I watched Kareem's video again and his story is great, so inspirational.

19. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Thank you so much Kareem for sharing your TMS success story and for making the effort to produce these inspiring videos!! Your message helps me to keep the fear at bay when it tries to sneek in. I love Dr. Sarno and his enormously important books and I really don't know where I would be today without him!! I send you my best wishes and warm regards.

20. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Kareem, your videos and success story are fantastic. I watched the videos again and hope
    everyone will watch them.

I especially like your two main steps in healing... 1 -- Belief in TMS, that symptoms are emotional, not structural.
    2 -- Understand that the purpose of the unconscious sending pain is to distract you from exploring the repressed emotions that
    may go back to childhood. Once you discover those emotions, the unconscious has no more reason to send you pain so it stops.

And it is great for everyone to be reminded of the Dr. Sarno book Healing Back Pain and the 20/20 video interview about it,
    which is at:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/The_20/20_segment_on_John_Sarno_and_TMS

Belief and Understanding. The two main steps in TMS healing.