1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 commitment

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by RozieHolland, Jan 5, 2017.

1. RozieHolland

RozieHolland Peer Supporter

Hello,

yesterday I made a commitment to myself to walk every day with my dog.
    So yesterday I walked with my dog.It cost me a lot of trouble. When I walk with her my muscles in back and legs and hips tightening and every 100 metres I have to stop. Therefore it is very hard for me to go for a walk.
    The frustrations come up and my dog is the victim. This is going on for years now.
    I talk to myself; come on, don't withhold yourself by your negative thoughts, your pain, your brain. I am trying to be happy. It hurts for not taking the responsibility for my dog, at this moment I feel sad.
    I hope to find the reason of my frustrations.

With love, Rozie.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Rozie. I had similar experience with my big black Lab, Annie. I found the best thing was to drive us to a nearby park where few people were, and let her chase squirrels.
    She got lots of running and I sat and watched from a park bench.

There were times when I couldn't walk her, so I let her out in our back yard and let her chase a tennis ball. It also was great when I met a neighbor who had her dog and we let them play together in my neighbor's yard.

And one of the many great things about dogs is, they adjust their lifestyle to ours.
    Your dog may be content with a short walk or even just playing ball with you at home.