1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Clean thinking and Trivialities

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

There is no right or wrong in the trivialities of everyday life. Everyday you will have chances upon chances and often conditioned chances to getting up-set over trivialities. Trivialities are usually what others do to us or just the hand that life lays out to us. I believe actually anything that gets you up-set whether your fault or whoevers fault is a triviality. So we must know that when we fall victim to one of these instances we will stay in pain or sick.
    We weren't born to be angry mad and up-set all the time. Worried and stressed out. Its beating us up before we turn 40 and often way before then. We have to know what trivialities are and catch them throughout the day so we don't go everyday the rest of our life wondering why were still not healed.

To me, Learning to not fear or react to trivialities was my most important part to healing. When we lose the need for anger or fear we often get to feeling pretty good. Remember though. I had to bear a lot of dis-comfort to get where I have arrived. I didn't just start not reacting to trivialities -- no. I had to learn how not to react to trivialities.

I told a friend the other day that clean thinking was one of the most important tools I had to use in order to heal and to me learning your reactions and how to control them is clean thinking as much as clean thinking is what it sounds like. Clean thinking. Then trivialities is the same side of the coin.

Fear is a belief and beliefs can be changed. Anger and fear come from the same side of the coin. So remember if something's a belief then we can learn to change it and when we do and it becomes second nature, trivialities are always anger or fear based so pay attention to why you fear or why your angry and you will be able to change that belief or circumstance.

In order to change your reactions you have to be aware of when your having them and then WHY are you having them. If you can tell yourself why you are having negative reactions over trivialties then you will know how to change them in due time.

Bless you

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Ellen, Msunn and LindaRK like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Trivialities can give us pain, literally.
    The computer isn't working and is giving me stress.
    The weather forecast is for more snow.
    The Russians are coming!
    The kitchen sink is slow draining.

None of it is life-threatening, just more trivialities like a mosquito in the bedroom.
    Get the fly swatter or just tune out what is bugging us.

Laugh it off.

Ellen, Msunn and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Correct, when we can use clean thinking in front of trivialities it gives us no excuse anymore to over trivialize and bring on pain.

4. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

The Russians are coming? Ha! ;) When you really sit down and think about it, it's amazing how easy it is to get caught up in those "trivialities" ..... ugh! Love the "clean thinking", Eric!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.