1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

CK muscle enzyme

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Diane1313, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Diane1313

Diane1313 New Member

I think there is a good possibility that I might have TMS but my doctor sent me to get an EMG as I am having electrical shocks in my buttocks as well as pain. While my EMG proved normal, she did say my CK enzymes were very slightly elevated. She wants me to retest as she said exercising too closely to the test can raise them. My question is, is it possible to have elevated CK enzymes due to the tension in your muscles? Btw...the neurologist never heard of TMS or John Sarno! I was quite amazed.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Don't get caught up in all that enzymes BS if your emg was normal move on ...plus emg have a lot of false positives..has my dr at Mass General said ..

And don't be surprised the he not aware of Dr Sarno most aren't or pretend not to know him..

And please continue to Exercise has much has you can...The medical system can really give bad information..Again get fully check out and cleared and move on ..

Tennis Tom likes this.