1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Chronic Voice problem

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by thecomputer, Dec 12, 2016.

1. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

Hi everyone

I have recently read the mind body prescription and have started on the divided mind. I have also posted my whole story here on the support forums and read a lot online. I've had a chronic problem with my voice and throat for 6 months. Put simply, I am in pain only when using my voice and afterwards, but the doctors can find nothing wrong, apart from chronic pharyngitis which they say is unrelated to my voicing problems.

Anyway. I am starting day one of the structure educational program.

I'm hopeful, and open to this whole tms diagnosis. I know a lot of it is in my mind, but I also gave a lot of weight to some apparent physical problem.

I am still struggling to fully accept the diagnosis for my particular problem, and I'm working out the creases by continuing to read and post on the forum.

So here we go!

Thanks for the support

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, robodelfy. Nothing structural has been found with your voice, so the problem must be emotional.
    I have found that my voice is affected by my emotions. If I am stressed in anyway, it shows in my voice.

I am confident that in journaling in the SEProgram, you will discover emotions that are causing your vocal symptom. You need to increase your belief in TMS to 100 percent.

3. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

Thanks Walt