1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic Patella Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mtimoney, Feb 5, 2022.

1. mtimoney

mtimoney Newcomer

Hey everybody! My name is Mary and I suffer from R knee pain and this has been going on for a long time. I have done several PRP injections, and now am trying Prolotherapy. John Sarno's book says to completely stop everything and go out and exercise normally. This scares me beyond words because if my knee flares up even worse it will send me in a downward spiral of fear and worry. I am trying to avoid surgery! Anybody experience any healing with this and can offer insights in how to heal? :) Mary

2. learningmore

learningmore Peer Supporter

Hi, I would recommend you check out a book called Saving My Knees by Richard Bedard. This guy had (patellar femoral pain syndrome?) and did all the things you're supposed to do, only to finally be healed by actually using his joints the way you're meant to.

Can I ask you some PRP questions? Why did you try them before prolotherapy? Or, phrased differently, why are you doing prolotherapy later? Did you get guided injections? Who did you see assuming you don't mind me asking? Did you have imaging done before the injections?

3. Mr Hip Guy

Mr Hip Guy Well known member

I have had Patella issues (Patella Tracking syndrome, chondromalacia, PFPS, etc - it has many names) for 5+ years now. It has resisted all forms of treatment I have thrown at it for these last 5 years (NSAIDs, PT, "Saving my Knees", Robin Mckenzie's "Treat your own knee", shots, etc)...until the overall cognitive dissonance of the symptoms and treatment made me finally recognize it as TMS and for the last couple of months it has been better than since the "injury" occurred. I have a thread in the Support Subforum if you're interested.

4. mtimoney

mtimoney Newcomer

YES and thank you Mr. Hip GUY! Truly appreciate this.

5. mtimoney

mtimoney Newcomer

I did PRP then found some information on Prolotherapy after that so I decided to try it. Yes all the injections were done with fluoroscopy.