1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic epididymitis-TMS? HELP

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by WorriedUser, Dec 6, 2014.

1. WorriedUser

WorriedUser New Member

So I just had Mike message me and ask how I am getting on... And I thought I'd share this on here to let you all know how it's going...

Hi Mike,

Thanks for asking how I am! I can tell you that I've had the past 4 days off work (just relaxing and spending time with my girlfriend) and I experienced next to no pain! This was because my mind was elsewhere and no focusing in on the pain. It's funny though because at times I did think "wow I haven't had any pain"... And sure as hell it starts nagging again (like now). But this doesn't discourage me... It proves that it's TMS moreso!

There is a connection with work and the fear of the pain that I need to overcome. But I am beginning to fully accept this for what it is-TMS. No physical pain comes and goes like this... Especially as there are patterns to when I get it.

After christmas I plan to start exercising again... Since now I know it's not going to hurt me. It'll actually help.
    But I've still got a long way to go. And that is battling the fear of the pain coming back when I feel no pain.

But at least im making progress! Thank you for DMing me. That sort of stuff I really appreciate!

All the best,
    George

Ellen likes this.
  2. WorriedUser

WorriedUser New Member

Hi everyone!!

I have some great news... I think I'm over/very nearly over my epididymal pain! It is most definitely TMS and I can't believe it. All that time I've been spending in sevre pain... Ruining my day... For a pain that could go in a second! I have had times of no groin pain- mainly because the time if year and my all around relaxed attitude/environment due to not being at work as often. I've made links with times I get it... These are;
    1) when I focus in/worry about the pain being there- e.g. Checking for swelling
    2) when I am waiting anxiously for something-impending something and thinking 'I hope I don't get pain here'
    3 when I'm at work/on my way- this is the biggest issue that has helped me to realise it's TMS... When I have work I seem to think 'oh I have work... I can't have pain at work... And I focus in on that pain
    So the works not 100% done...but knowing and believing the diagnosis is all you need.

I'm sure this is all to do with repressed anger and emotions... But it seems that simply taking on the dont care attitude, accepting TMS, and using evidence techniques (that I learnt on this site) is all I need... E.g. I braved the gym the other day (I haven't worked out properly in over a year since I was too scared of the pain)... During weight lifting... Zero pain. EVIDENCE TECHNIQUES! They work to rewrite your subconcious!

And of course... Me writing this has brought back an odd twinge...but I just don't care because I geuniely believe what it is- and that's the attitude you have to take in order to get over your TMS pain. I would have never have believed this... Now I can use my knowledge to help others as well as myself.

All the best,
    George

Ellen and mike2014 like this.
  3. WorriedUser

WorriedUser New Member

Thank you for all your help!!

4. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi George,

I am very pleased for you, I'm glad you have recognised the patterns between your thoughts, emotions and symptoms. At least you will be able to enjoy a pain free Christmas :)

Well done and keep up the great work my friend.

God bless,

Mike

WorriedUser likes this.
  5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations, George! Well done, indeed.

Maybe now you need to change your user name :)

WorriedUser likes this.
  6. WorriedUser

WorriedUser New Member

Thank you for all your help and advice Mike! It really helps to reassure me. Yes I hope so! Happy Christmas! And a big thank you to everyone on this forum

7. WorriedUser

WorriedUser New Member

Hi all,
    Hope you all had a good christmas and I hope you have a good new year.
    Bit of bad news... My pain has came back just as strong as it was before and isn't going away again now:(
    My theory is I was so happy I had over a week of no pain that I rushed myself into thinking I was healed, and was thinking subconsciously 'I hope it doesn't come back'... And sure as hell it has.

I find myself checking the area again which I know I shouldn't do! I need to apply the principles all again:( one step forward and two back.....

P.s. Something must be bothering me

George

8. WorriedUser

WorriedUser New Member

Hi everyone,
    I haven't posted on here in a while so I thought I'd give a little update...
    The pain comes and goes a lot... There are times where I seem to really focus in on it, and others where I barely notice- when my mind is occupied fully. I am usually pain free when I am at home relaxing with my girlfriend... But all other times the groin pain is still giving me hell!

I would say I 95% believe in TMS at this stage, and I know the reason why Im not fully healing is because Im so stubborn to accept what seems so farfetched... I have more physical suggestions for the pain, that outweighs the mental aspects. For example, I have something I have self-diagnosed called 'benign fasciciulation syndroyme'... This is where my nervous system is hyperexcitable and I get constant muscle twitches/spasms. And I think 'what if it's my nerve problems that are causing the pain down below... And it is phsycial'... Something like pudendal nerve syndroyme or something...But I know the nerve problems are probably due to TMS anyway!!

I definitely feel so low and depressed... Because of the pain mostly... But I do have a lot of anger inside me... And lots of sadness. As mentioned before... I am the perfect candidate for TMS... I take everything to heart and personally and it makes me really upset... I have been trying to work on these emotions which may be fueling my TMS... But I need some extra help...

My main issue is fully believing in TMS... And trying to stop expecting pain... I need to wipe it from my brain and act like it never existed! Any more advice would be much appreciated.

George

9. Zerkon

Zerkon New Member

Any updates? I also have this issue

10. WorriedUser

WorriedUser New Member

Hello there. It's been a long long time since I've posted on here... but I haven't really expressed my success story. Zerkon, I suffered with this and lot she of other health issues for a long time. I didn't believe it was mental because the pain was so real. But I am now a complete believer. Long story short- the pain stopped when I stopped giving a toss about it!! It just vanished.

A lot of people on here will tell you to confront your emotions (as that's what's causing the pain), which yes, I agree to a certain extent. But if you want the pain to go away you need to start LIVING. The more you 'confront it' the more you inforce and think about it. Like you're not normal. YOU ARE NORMAL. Be who you were before it started. Go out and have a laugh. Get hooked on that film saga you love. Your mind needs to genuinely be occupied, because right now its fixated only on your health and pain. Whether its testicle pain or any other.

All my health issues have gone. I can't say I'm 100% loving life. I suffer from really bad anxiety that I'm tackling with my day to day life. And it's no coincidence that I got 'TMS', because I have my anxiety disorder. I am currently going through counselling for it, which does really help. I used to be so against 'talking therapy'. Just being able to have someone who understands you, from which you can vent to, is amazing. All the best zerkon and everybody else on here suffering. Thanks to everyone who helped me in my journey.

eskimoeskimo, Zerkon and Tennis Tom like this.
  11. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with this completely, multi-tasking is a fallacy, one can only think about one thing at a time. If one's thinking about pain, they can't be feeling pleasure, and releasing the "feel good" hormone endorphins.

Dr. Sarno says "anxiety" is a TMS/affective equivalent, like depression, etc. I've found if I think about the affective equivalents as TMS, therefore benign, they are easier to get rid of.

Thanks for checking back in with your success, I think there are a lot of TMS'ers who've come here, gotten better, and are now leading more functional and happier lives.

12. Zerkon

Zerkon New Member

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

13. cirrusnarea

cirrusnarea Well known member

I'll be short since you've gotten a lot of feedback already. But I was healed of chronic groin pain as well. Let me know anytime if you have questions.

14. Zerkon

Zerkon New Member

Thank you so much.

I think I understand what to do

15. sam908

sam908 Peer Supporter

I've had it also. Went to the urologist, who said it was nothing to worry about. After a few days, the pain went away (probably to resurface elsewhere:()

16. Zerkon

Zerkon New Member

Yeah, I am a perfectionist, anxiety, depression, OCD, so it makes sense I will become hypersensitive to pain and worry about it, or that my repressed emotions will cause it.

Balls started hurting 3 months ago, right during a very stressful time in my life, getting first job out of school. Urologist did an ultrasound, blood/urine tests, all was normal. So then my lower back started hurting instead once I stopped worrying about balls. And when I'm stressed, they start hurting again. lol.

I've had panic attacks with chest pain and with my brain feeling like it's getting a rush of blood, during which my BP rises a lot. But, doctors say my EKG is normal, heart is normal, the neurologist did an MRI of my brain and it was normal. Sometimes, my joints also start hurting, or my eyes, or I cannot sleep or I wake up unable to breath or hear gunshots in my sleep. But all of this is from anxiety.

Glad I found this forum to confirm all of this, since doctors will just send you for more and more tests or make you more worried. I take Lexapro and I see a therapist now, so I'm feeling better. Thanks all.

17. cirrusnarea

Hehe I went through it all man, worst time of my life. But it's gone now. I think it's just so scary and you can't get your mind off it so the pain continues to perpetuate itself. So glad that more and more people are discovering its TMS and being healed from this.

18. Zerkon

Zerkon New Member

Great, glad you are better.

19. eskimoeskimo

eskimoeskimo Well known member

Hey George,

This thread's great because you can really see your mental shifts and growing confidence as time goes on. And I like your emphasis on living versus analyzing.

Just wanted to say, in case it helps anybody else who's following, that I too had groin pains that I was obsessed with. I was 18 and 19 at the time. They went away when I became more obsessed, more worried about completely different symptoms. Funny how now I can look back and see that that was ABSOLUTELY psychogenic, but that it's still hard to say that confidently about the current symptoms, the current BS. C'est la vie. I thought I had prostate or testicular cancer. I had all sorts of tests. I went to the emergency room twice. And there wasn't a damn thing wrong with me. I even remember stopping in the middle of having sex because my groin hurt so badly. Damn brain.

Eskimo

20. cirrusnarea

Yep, this forum is great. So many people coming together with the same experiences and we can say in confidence that it is TMS and we all go through the same process of the tests, and the fear and confusion when everything comes back okay, the sleepless nights worrying about the pain, wondering how long it will last, etc. I hope it helps tons of others who have to face this condition at sometime in their lives.